An insurance policy has been developed especially for you, as a relation of the Foal Auction Prinsjesdag, that is in line with your purchase during the auction.
What is insured?
This insurance pays out a one-off amount when there is a covered event, as summarized below. Coverage starts from the moment of hammer blow and ends 7 days after birth.
The embryo is insured against hammer blow up to a maximum of €40,000. It is of course always possible to insure the embryo for a lower amount than hammer blow.
What is covered?
- There is coverage if the embryo/foal is rejected by the surrogate mare.
- There is cover if the foal is born dead or deformed.
- There is cover in case of death, emergency slaughter and/or permanent incapacity of the insured foal as a result of an illness, accident or lameness
What is not covered?
- In the case of a twin pregnancy, no compensation will be paid if one of the two foals is born dead or deformed or dies during the term of the insurance. If both foals die, payment will be made on the basis of one foal.
- There is no entitlement to benefit if there is a congenital hereditary defect.
Under no circumstances is there cover for the mare/surrogate mother. If this is desired, you can contact us.
The premium is determined on the basis of gestation period, age and history of the surrogate mare and the sale price of the embryo. That is why one of Hippo Horse Insurance's specialists will contact you if you wish.
If you have any questions, please contact Glenn Knoester at 06-23124158.
Information about the embryo insurance and all other insurances can be found at: www.hippohorseinsurance.nl