Buying a foal at the auction
When you are interested in a foal and want to bid during Foal auction Prinsjesdag you can just raise your hand at the bid you want to make. If you have the last bid one of our hostesses will come to you and you need to sign the purchase contract. After the auction (or during) you need to go to the office where the payment of the foal will be discussed.
Buying a foal by Online bidding
It is possible to buy a foal at our auction through online bidding.
If you already have an account please login here, or if you don’t have an account you can register here.
Find more info about the online bidding below.
Buying a foal by phone
It is also possible to buy a foal by phone. A few days before the auction starts we need to know in which foals you are interested. At the day of the auction one of the employees from Foal auction Prinsjesdag will contact you to discuss the foals again. During the auction we will call you at the moment the foal is on auction and can make the bid for you.
– by providing a bank guarantee;
You should ask your bank to supply documentary evidence of your financial means. With such a bank guarantee, we can give you permission for a giro transfer. The sum should be paid to Foal auction Prinsjesdag account within 7 days after the auction.
– by partial payment in advance;
Depending on the price that you are eventually prepared to pay at the auction, you can transfer a sum to the account of Foal auction Prinsjesdag in advance of the auction; the sum should be a reasonable amount (as judged by Foal Auction Prinsjesdag) in the light of the possible final sum. In case you don’t buy a foal, the sum will be returned to your account after the auction.
– by providing sound business references;
You may provide sound business references where there is at least one that is willing to stand as your guarantor. You should notify Foal auction Prinsjesdag secretariat, in advance, of whom your guarantor is. If Foal auction Prinsjesdag is satisfied, you will then receive permission to pay by giro transfer, in which case the sum should be paid to Foal auction Prinsjesdag account within 7 days after the auction.
How to buy your foal via online bidding
Are you interested in buying a foal in our auction and you plan to participate online?
The process of online bidding consists of four steps:
- Register yourself (create online bid account)
- You visit the website https://prinsjesdag.weauction.nl/register and you click on “Register”. You will then be redirected to a secured registration page. On this secured page you can fill in your personal details and then click on the “Register now” button. Then you will receive a confirmation email. By registration you agree with our auction conditions and the general terms and conditions from WeAuction (see under).
- Wait for verification of your account
- After registration your account need to be verified by Prinsjesdag Auction Management, this can take up to two days. When your account has been verified, you will receive an email where you can create your username and password.
- Bid online at the auction
- On auction day you can login via the login button. Fill in your email and password. This will automatically get you in the bidding system. When you participate online at the auction via your computer, you will see live the auctioneer and see bids from the venue and, of course, other online bidders.
- The bidding screen will clearly indicate the stage at which the auction is located.
- Before you can bid, you must first unlock the bid button. Unlocking the bid button separately is an additional protection for the buyer. The chance to make an offer by mistake is even reduced. After activating the bid button, you will participate in the auction by a single click on the bid button. The bidding button will always display the last bid.
- If you have requested, the screen will indicate whether your bid has been accepted and whether you are the highest bidder.
- You are the highest bidder
- If you are the highest bidder, you will receive an email with the confirmation.
click here for the auction condition of WeAuction